Discover energy companies and their support links.
British Gas Energy Trust – Individual and Families Debt Write Off Fund
- Open for British Gas customers who are in debt with BG or other domestic suppliers who do not have their own energy debt support.
- Arrears of up to £1500 considered.
- As part of the application process, applicants must state clearly how they will be able to manage their energy costs in the future.
- You can only apply once every two years.
- You must be in or facing fuel poverty.
The Energy Support Fund, which supports British Gas customers only, is now closed to applications and will re-open later this year.
ScottishPower Hardship Fund
- The Fund can help by clearing or reducing arrears by crediting a customer’s ScottishPower energy account.
- You could qualify for help if you are receiving: Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Pension Credit or Employment and Support Allowance.
- You could also qualify if you have a low household income, or if there are special circumstances which could make you eligible for example you have experienced an income reduction due to illness.
E.On Energy/Next Energy Fund
- To be considered for this help, you’ll need to show that you’re committed to being financially stable by making regular payments over a three-month period for ongoing usage before receiving an award.
- The fund includes agreeing to a payment plan.
- Proof of income/pension may be requested. All supporting documentation must be less than three months old.
Octopus Energy’s Octo Assist Fund
- A tailored payment plan can be arranged.
- Free, independent advice on energy debt can be offered.
- Details for other payment schemes such as the Government’s Fuel Direct Scheme and Cold Weather Payment can be provided.
- There is no specific Trust Fund for OVO Energy – their website links to other schemes such as Citizens Advice, Step Change and the Fuel Direct Scheme.
Bulb Energy Fund
- Please call the Bulb Energy Fund helpline on 0300 30 30 635 for information on help and eligibility.